Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Good to get away

This past weekend my wife and I were in Kansas City. We attended a wedding of a good friend. I also had the chance to sing with Chapter 6 at the wedding and we also performed a short concert after the wedding. I haven't had the chance to sing with Chapter 6 since before American Idol in January so it was very exciting not only to sing with them but to be able to hang out with them for the weekend. They are excellent Christian men who continue to serve Christ with their music.
Several people have been asking if I will be touring with Chapter 6. There are a couple things holding me back from touring with Chapter 6. First, I have been spending alot of time in Nashville co-writing and recording and working on a Christian music career. Secondly, I have no choice but to be in my hometown 10 days each month because of chemo.
However, Chapter 6 fans can expect to hear me on the next album that Chapter 6 will release. But for now, I will not be on tour with the group while I work on some other projects and work on being healed from cancer.
Round 3 chemo tomorrow. After that, 9 to go.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kansas City. Is that Missouri or Kansas??? The home of my church is close to Kansas City, Missouri. Been there a couple of times this year. Glad you got away. Chapter 6. Don't know them. But, I will look them up and get their next album (CD). Hope you got my card (s). As for the cancer, I believe it is here to GO and NOT to stay. I think its only purpose was to lead you in a direction. So now it can be released from your life. Blessings, Sue

Anonymous said...

Susan - Chapter 6 is the a cappella group that Luke belongs to. Check out their website and MySpace pages. They're wonderful!

Luke - glad you could get away for a few days. Please be careful during those long drives to Nashville. I'll be praying that your Round 3 goes well and totally w/o side effects.

Oh ... did you find the bat? :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had the opportunity to get away for a few days, spend time with the people you love, and do what you love!

I hope all goes well with round 3.

And I hope you found the bat too!

Wishing you all the best,
Kaitlin

Carianne said...

sounds like you had a good weekend! Glad to hear it!

Does anybody have the MySpace address for Chapter 6? (I'm not very good at navigating myspace)

Anonymous said...

Yes, Luke, your job right now is to get healed. (I'm praying for that everyday). Music, touring can wait.

Unknown said...

Hi, Luke.

We saw you at the wedding. :-)

My husband and I knew she had hired Chapter 6 for the wedding. When we saw the white van and trailer in the church parking lot, we wondered if it was Chapter 6's. Then we saw the Krispy Creme Donut box in the front window, and said, "Yep, it's theirs!"

I didn't actually talk to you, though I did shake hands with John, and speak to Nathan and his wife for a couple of minutes. I was glad you could make it.

We enjoyed the concert. Personally, I would have liked it better if you had sung "The Wizard of Oz." But I won't complain. Much. ;-)

david said...

Luke,you are fantastic and carismatic person.You are fantastic singer.Do have any contac with David Cook?What about Adam Cook?.Good bless you,Brazil love you so much!!!!!!CRISTIANE FROM RIO DE JANEIRO

Anonymous said...

Luke,

I've been listening to Chapter 6 on the websites & plan on buying the DVD & some music. Any idea when the new CD is coming out?

CK in MI

Anonymous said...

Luke, it was a pleasure to hear you sing in Kansas City. It was wonderful to meet you, and you are always in our most heartfelt prayers. It was a joy to watch you with Chapter 6 on stage and share your God-given gift.

Annette